Friday, February 26, 2010

paybacks...

So I walk into the living room yesterday and this is what I see.

They were totally laying down together on the couch peacefully playing with a calculator! What is up with the calculators around here?!?
So I'm thinking I might have hit my stride. Or maybe "it" just hasn't happened yet. Three kids is still doable. I feel like its just the right amount of busy to keep you going all day and make you totally ready for bed at bed time. Thats not to say that things wouldn't be a little better if I were a morning person, but I'm not, so... whatever. Our regular mornings are great, its just school mornings that are rushed. For some reason, even though I do prepare for things in advance, and get up super early, I'm still in a rush. What is like to just mosey out the door? I've never moseyed anywhere.
Another thing that I think is really weird is that I am generally terrible about cooking dinner. I can cook. I don't mind cooking. I honestly would rather eat out or just eat cereal or ice cream or something. But, since Rex has gotten here I have cooked dinner almost every single night. Unprecedented and seriously weird.
It also isn't too hard to go places and do things. We all went to run errands yesterday and it wasn't any big deal. I keep up-ing the errands and nothing happens. I just don't get it. I can't figure out if Rex is still so little that he isn't any trouble or this is just the way three kids is. I'm going to choose to believe that this is the way it is.
Would anyone like a nice black kitty cat? He's really nice and well adjusted, good with kids. He survived living with me through college and he's been through it all. However, Deion has pooped on my rug for the last time. I don't know what his problem is, but he will not stop pooping on my rug! It has become part of my routine to go pick up the poop pretty much every morning. It is seriously foul and not an ok way for me to live. I asked Michael if I could take him to the vet for a "long nap" and he was not happy about it at all. He and I were raised differently when it comes to animals. I'm thinking that the animal is ruining my stuff and inconveniencing me, so he has to be excused. Michael says "you don't kill things for pooping." I would like for him to have a nice place to live and can't imagine him sitting in a sad little cage waiting to be adopted.

This is what happens when daddy is in charge. First of all, he dressed them. Then they wanted to color on a paper plate. So Michael said that when they finished coloring they could go "nail them to the tree." What?!? That is the most random thing I have ever heard!

No comments:

free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .