Painting Some Pajamas Pink... not wait, thats Dr. Seuss. Painting Pinecones in Pajamas!I never ever ever make a Thanksgiving list of things I am thankful for. #1 It never even occurs to me until I am asked the question and totally on the spot. #2 If I ever did make a list, I would probably cry. #3 Any list I make is chore or grocery oriented.
However, this year I am super "thanky." I'll be driving the car and think, "thank goodness ____! or I am so glad that ____!" So I thought I would share a couple to memorialize the one year I was on top of thankfulness.
Yates with his caterpillar. He doesn't "love" bugs. SJ on the other hand LOVES them.
- I am so thankful that my babies are perfect in every way... healthy, smart, safe, loved, happy, sweet, adorable, individuals, determined, decisive, hilarious, entertaining, eager, energetic.
- I am so thankful that I am married to a wonderful husband. Every once in a while I see single people and I think of how much I would hate to be single and dating. Ugh, torture, going out late, getting all snazzed up, spending a bunch of money, having your hair smell like "go out," sifting through losers. Can not imagine! I also don't know how I would survive at home without Michael. He is so good at so many things but is really amazing around the house. I love that he cares about taking care of things and can mow, weed eat, mulch, clean out the garage, wash the cars, chop some wood, pull some weeds, organize the attic, install some stereo equipment and do a load of laundry in the time it takes me to find a pen to start my To Do List.
- I am so thankful to have a dream house as a home. So many people have so little and we truly are blessed to live so comfortably. I went through such a grumpy period trying to get this house completed that I really wasn't able to enjoy it. Now that that part is behind us, I do love my new house.
- I am thankful for my car. Sounds weird, but I am the type of person that "needs" a new car just about the time the new car smell wears off of my current car. For some reason, lately I have been so happy with my car. I can't really explain it b/c I don't even understand it myself. I am just super content with Big Black.
- I am thankful for good cleaning products. This house has so much white in it and we have lots of dirty fingerprint makers.
- I am thankful that Stella loves, loves, loves her school. I've never seen anything like it. Thank you Good Shepherd!
- I am thankful that Yates didn't cry at all when I dropped him off at his school last week. First time ever and it was major!
- I am thankful that I still have this baby number 3 in my belly. Sometimes I feel like he's barely hanging on in there. I recently got a new outlook from a highly unlikely source. An ex-coworker of Michael's reminded me in a conversation that my real and only goal is to make it to the end of the pregnancy. I had been so caught up in my to do's and errands I had lost sight of the real goal. So I'm also thankful for the real-goal-reminder.
- I am thankful that my animals have gotten a handle on their eliminating in the house issues. I have scrubbed rugs and scrubbed rugs and am glad that I am not scrubbing rugs right now!
- Of course I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that my mom will come and drop her life to help me. I am thankful that both of our families are so generous and thoughtful. I am thankful that we will all get to spend Thanksgiving together.
Looking a little manic, but hey, they're hugging.
Ok, so thats good for now. I only cried a little and probably missed some obvious things, but at least I thought about it for once!