Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The latest...


Stella, Yates and I went to the doctor this morning for our last 2 week baby appointment. We've advanced to the once a week appointment schedule now. I kind of feel bad for my doctor having to see me Christmas Eve Eve, but I guess pregnancies don't go on holiday vacations. Everything went fine at the doctor and Stella and Yates were the best they've ever been. They even got compliments from strangers for being good. Yay! We'll keep it our little secret that Yates hit Stella for no reason about 40 times in the sono room. Anyway, Rex does not like having his heart beat listened to by that little hand held doppler thing... never has. He scares me every time because it always takes them several minutes to find his heart beat and then he runs from it the whole time they're trying to listen. I casually mentioned that he had been moving a little less, because he has and boy was that smart. I got a surprise sonogram and it was by the sonographer I like. Sounds minor, but its a big deal after the "insert this" fiasco last time. So, she measured Rex to assess his weight and he was approximately 7 lbs. The sonogram can be off one pound plus or minus, so that could mean he weighs 6-8 lbs. Seems grande to me, especially with 4 weeks left. Mind you, during the last 4 weeks the baby is supposed to gain a pound a week. That puts us at 10-12 lbs at delivery. Looooooord help me. I've been dying to post this picture since the day I got pregnant, but never could work it in. Of course Lane has the same one on her blog right now... thats just how we roll.

Thats me and Yates the night they started my induction. Hot huh? Why does pregnancy make my head so fat? Sick! Yates weighed 9lbs when he was born so I have high expections that I'm going to be even more big and fabulous in the next few weeks. Gross! Looks like triplets!

So about Yates. He will not shut up! He is hard to understand but of course we know what he's saying most of the time. Sometimes only Stella understands him but that works too. She's a great interpreter. He seriously chatters constantly and cracks himself up. Its really cute! He knows so much stuff already. I was getting him dressed yesterday and asked him what he wanted to wear without showing him any options. He said, "Ummm, bu-do-du shirt and jeans and geeen crocs." Well if that isn't specific enough. He isn't even 2 yet. He is obsessed with lemonaide (la-lan) and wants nothing else most of the time. He has the strangest eating habits. He loves deserts but not really ice cream and the things he decides to eat are so odd. He won't eat any of the typical kid stuff most of the time but prefers complicated adult food. Like the other day we had Pei Wei. The kids were sharing chicken lo mein and I had extra spicy pad thai. He refused to eat the lo mein and preferred the spicy pad thai with veggies and tofu. Sometimes he won't eat macaroni and cheese, but like last night he ate ricotta and basil ravioli with "adult" spaghetti sauce and green beans. Its pretty much a given that whatever Stella will eat, Yates will not and vice versa. When they are "finished" eating, their plates look like yin and yang.

Here's a 4 generation picture from Thanksgiving. My little mom is in the middle and her parents, Mimi and Papa are on the right.

I almost forgot. We made Christmas cookies yesterday in between folding laundry and catching Stella hanging Yates from the stair rail with a tape measure.

I'm surprised Yates didn't throw up after eating so much cookie dough.

Mr. Precision. Note the bulldozer on his shirt, the excavator on the table and that little red thing under his arm is the tape measure that was used as a noose around his neck only an hour earlier. (Don't tell him, but I accidentally sucked up one of the tracks from his excavator in the vacuum cleaner at the carwash earlier today. SHHHHLLLAAAPPP and it was gone!)
Ta-da

2 comments:

Lane Olson said...

holy moly! glad you posted that. i certainly don't remember you having that big belly. also really glad you are now subjected to the world of excavators, cement trucks, big rigs, tape measurers, etc. so interesting right? boys!

katie said...

meredith!! just caught up on the blog. stellas runway debut is might be the cutest thing ive ever seen. shes adorable and sooooo BIG! love the pics of mr. yates too. miss yall!!

free hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .